Evaluate Virucidal activity of Chemical disinfectants & Antiseptics
BS EN 14675 : 2015 – Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of virucidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in the veterinary area
EN 14675 is a phase 2, step 1 suspension test which determines the virucidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics intended for use in the veterinary areas. According to EN 14675, test must be conducted at a concentration of 80 percent or less, as adding organisms and interfering substances also results in some dilution.
EN 14675 test is applicable for products used in following veterinary areas/situations –
- breeding, husbandry, production,
- transport and disposal of all animals except when in the food chain following death and entry to the processing industry.
Choosing a right and effective disinfectant is essential to maintain proper hygiene and germ free environment in veterinary facilities. In such environments, efficacy of disinfectants is frequently impacted by heavy soiled surfaces coupled with other hygiene factors.
EN 14675 standard stimulates practical conditions to determine virucidal effectiveness of disinfectant products before real use.
EN 14675 Test Conditions & Requirements
- Test microorganisms used – Bovine enteroviruses (ECBO)
- Test temperature – 10 °C
- Contact time – 30 mints
- Interfering substance (low level soiling) – 3.0 g/l bovine albumin
- Interfering substance (high level soiling) – 3.0 g/l bovine albumin plus 10g/l yeast extract
- Log reduction – For a product to pass virucidal efficacy criteria, it must achieve 4 log virus inactivation.
EN 14675 Test Method
- Test product is added to viral suspension in the presence of an interfering substance.
- Mixture is allowed to interact for a specific duration of time.
- After the end of contact period, an aliquot of test mixture is transferred to a neutralizing solution (ice-cold diluent) to suppress virucidal activity.
- Neutralizing wash out media is serially diluted and viral infectivity is measured by using TCID50 assay.
- After an incubation period of 7 days, cells are examined for CPE (cytopathic effect).
At MIS, EN 14675 testing is conducted by experienced virologists and research experts. To provide comprehensive assessment, our experts design and implement testing methods for antiviral evaluation which are most widely accepted and acknowledged by regulatory bodies. With highly equipped world class laboratory, we are providing reliable and accurate results.
MIS also offers EN 14476 test method for evaluation of virucidal activity of disinfectants used in areas of human medicine.
Need EN 14675 testing for your products or other related queries? You can connect with our experts here.
EN 14675 is a quantitative suspension test which evaluates the virucidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics to be used in veterinary areas for disinfection.
EN 14675 test is applicable for chemical disinfectants and antiseptics intended for use in veterinary areas.
EN 14675 test takes 4-5 weeks to complete.
At Microbe Investigations, we test for EN 14675 test using the following microbial strains: Bovine enteroviruses (ECBO).
Contact us for more information
Explore Other Tests
ASTME2149 | AATCC-100 | JISZ2801 | JISL1902 | EN 1276 | ISO 22196 | ISO 20743 | ISO 846 | ASTM E2180 | AATCC 147 | ASTM D7907-14 | ASTM E3031 | ASTM G29 | EN 16615 | EN 13697 | PAS 2424 | EN 1040 | EN 14349 | EN 13727 | EN 14561 | ASTM G22 | ASTM E1153 | ASTM D2574 | AATCC 174 | EN 14563 | EN 13704 | EN 1499 | EN 1500 | EN 14347 | EN 14348 | EN 1656 | EN 16437 | EN 12791 | ASTM E1174 | ASTM E2362