EN 1275 Test
Evaluation of Fungicidal or Yeasticidal activity of Chemical Disinfectant
BS EN 1275 : 2005 – Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of basic fungicidal or basic yeasticidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics (phase 1)
EN 1275 is devised to assess the basic fungicidal or basic yeasticidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics. This test is applicable for active ingredients (antifungal/yeasticidal agents) and formulations under development that are intended to be used in diverse areas including agri-food, industrial, domestic, institutional, medical, and veterinary fields.
Disinfectant products must demonstrate yeasticidal/fungicidal action in order to minimize the exposure to fungal and yeast infections in different environments. EN 1275 specifies a test method that validates the efficacy of disinfectant formulations that are intended to be used in homes, outer environments, and health care settings.
EN 1275 Test Conditions & Requirement
- Mandatory test microorganisms – Candida Albicans (MTCC 3017) and Aspergillus niger (ATCC-16888)
- Temperature – 20 ± 1°C
- Contact time – 15 mins
- Pass criteria – Test must achieve atleast 4 log reduction to pass the EN 1275 Test.
EN 1275 Test Method
- Test product is challenged with microbial suspension.
- The mixture is allowed to interact for a specific period of time.
- After contact time, the test mixture is further transferred to a neutralizing solution to suppress fungicidal or yeasticidal activity.
- After neutralization, mixture is further incubated for 3 days to check if any viable microorganisms are present.
- Yeast or fungal colonies are enumerated and compared to control samples.
At MIS, our EN 1275 testing services are perfectly curated and executed as per customer requirements. With the help of latest technology and highly qualified professionals, we are able to provide time bound, reliable, and accurate testing services to our clients.
You can contact us here in case of any query regarding EN 1275 test or any other relevant method. Our microbiology experts are happy to assist you.
EN 1275 test is a suspension test (phase 1) which helps to determine the basic fungicidal or basic yeasticidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics.
EN 1275 test is performed for antiseptics and disinfectant products intended for use in agri-food, industrial, domestic, institutional, medical and veterinary fields.
EN 1275 test takes 3-4 weeks to complete.
At Microbe Investigations, we test for EN 1275 using the following strains Candida Albicans (MTCC 3017) and Aspergillus niger (ATCC-16888).