ASTM E1153 Test
Determines the Efficacy of Sanitizers
ASTM E1153 : 2014 – Standard Test Method for Efficacy of Sanitizers Recommended for Inanimate, Hard, Non-porous, and Non-food Contact Surfaces
ASTM E1153 is also known as “non-food contact sanitizer” test. This is an EPA-approved method for determining the antimicrobial effectiveness of sanitizers. ASTM E1153 test is performed for products intended to use on inanimate, precleaned, hard, nonporous, and non-food contact surfaces.
ASTM E1153 is a quantitative research method that helps in easy assessment of the antimicrobial efficacy of products by quantifying the percent reduction of test microbes. Additionally, test analysis process is capable of monitoring short contact times i.e. up to 15 seconds.
ASTM E1153 Test Method
- Microbial culture is inoculated on test surfaces and is left to dry out. 5 test carriers are required for ASTM E1153 testing.
- Product samples are exposed to pre – inoculated test surfaces for specific contact period times.
- After exposure time, test surfaces are transferred into neutralizing solution.
- Aliquots of neutralizing extracts are acquired and used for the enumeration of viable microorganisms by plate count method.
- After incubation, microbial counts on test surfaces are compared with control (initial bacterial concentrations) which are run in parallel.
At MIS, our microbiology team professionals have extensive experience and expertise in designing ASTM E1153 protocol. Through our testing analysis services, our constant focus is on accuracy, precision, and quick turnaround times.
Also, MIS offers ASTM E1053 test protocol to help clients to assess virucidal efficacy of chemical disinfectants used on inanimate and non-porous surfaces.
To get price quotation on ASTM protocols for disinfectant efficacy testing, contact our experts now and get thorough consultation.
ASTM E1153 is a quantitative antimicrobial efficacy test method designed to check the efficacy of sanitizer formulations. This test is also performed to check whether a chemical agent can be used as one step cleaner or sanitizer.
ASTM E1153 test is applicable to sanitizer products that are used on non-porous, inanimate, hard, and precleaned (lightly soiled) surfaces.
ASTM E1153 test takes 1-2 weeks to complete.
At Microbe Investigations, we test for ASTM E1153 using the following bacterial and fungal strains: Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC 15442), Escherichia coli (ATCC 8739), Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538P), Enterococcus hirae (ATCC 10541), Klebsiella pneumoniae (ATCC 4352), MRSA (ATCC 33591), Salmonella enterica (ATCC 10708), Aspergillus niger (ATCC-16888), Candida Albicans (MTCC 3017).