Aerobic Plate Count
Measurement of Mesophilic Aerobic Bacteria in a given sample
Aerobic Plate Count Test
The Aerobic Plate Count (APC) provides an estimation of viable microorganisms in given test samples or products. Test results determine the number of aerobic mesophilic bacteria.
Aerobic Plate Count is also known by other names such as standard plate count, aerobic mesophilic count, total plate count, or aerobic colony count. Aerobic plate count method’s limitation is that it does not distinguish between different bacterial colonies on a given sample.
Importance of Aerobic Plate Count Test
- Aerobic Plate Count test is primarily used to check microbiological quality of test samples to avoid public health concerns caused by microbial contamination. The results of the test indicate the major hygiene issues, quality of raw material, storage conditions, and shelf life of the product or anticipated changes that occur due to enzyme degradation.
- Aside from this, the Aerobic Plate Count Test method can also be used in the field of agriculture and to monitor the quality of drinking water.
Aerobic Plate Count Test Method
- Test sample are prepared based on the type of food products (frozen, chilled, precooked, or prepared foods) or cosmetics products (Liquids, Solids and powders, cream and oil-based products, Aerosol of powders, soap, liquids, and other materials, Anhydrous materials).
- Homogenized solution containing the test sample is serially diluted 10 times (10-1 to 10-10).
- 0.1 ml of each dilution is transferred and plated on different petri dishes containing agar growth medium.
- Plates are incubated at 35°C ± 1°C for 48 ± 2 hours.
- After incubation, the plates are examined for the presence of aerobic bacteria.
At Microbe Investigations, we use highest analytical performance standards to perform aerobic plate count tests. In our testing facilities, we do also offer a range of other antibacterial and antiviral test methods that validate the antimicrobial efficacy of many products. Our microbiology experts ensure all critical steps of microbiology assays are performed under optimum sterilization conditions.
We are committed to providing the highest level of quality and accuracy through our testing services. For any query regarding Aerobic Plate Count test, contact our expert to get a expert consultation.
Aerobic Plate Count test is performed to detect the number of viable microorganisms in test products. Test samples are cultured on growth medium that provide optimal conditions to support the growth of microorganisms.
Aerobic Plate Count test is used for the microbiology analysis of Food products (frozen, chilled, precooked, or prepared foods) and cosmetics products (Liquids, Solids and powders, cream and oil-based products, aerosol of powders, soap, liquids, and other materials, Anhydrous materials). It is also applicable to indicate the bacterial populations in beverages and water samples.
Aerobic Plate Count test takes one week to complete.
Contact us for more information
Explore Other Tests
ASTME2149 | AATCC-100 | JISZ2801 | JISL1902 | EN 1276 | ISO 22196 | ISO 20743 | ISO 846 | ASTM E2180 | AATCC 147 | ASTM D7907-14 | ASTM E3031 | ASTM G29 | EN 16615 | EN 13697 | PAS 2424 | EN 1040 | EN 14349 | EN 13727 | EN 14561 | ASTM G22 | ASTM E1153 | ASTM D2574 | AATCC 174 | EN 14563 | EN 13704 | EN 1499 | EN 1500 | EN 14347 | EN 14348 | EN 1656 | EN 16437 | EN 12791 | ASTM E1174 | ASTM E2362