ISO Test Standards
Discover how MIS’s ISO testing services ensure industry compliance with international standards. Explore tailored antimicrobial product testing for quality assurance. Contact our experts to elevate your testing requirements today!
Different ISO test standards and their requirements
ISO test standards, developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), provide a comprehensive framework encompassing guidelines, testing methods, and quality control measures for antimicrobial products and innovations across different industries.
Businesses/industries manufacturing antimicrobial products are required to meet specific regulatory requirements to introduce or operate their services in the market legally. ISO test methods assist these businesses in comparing and assessing their product effectiveness based on standardized criteria. This, in turn, facilitates the development of more enhanced innovations for customer safety while also contributing to the reduction of global microbial threats.
ISO standards apply to a range of antimicrobial products intended for use in domestic settings, hospitals, institutions, veterinary settings, and industrial areas, including –
- Paints/ surface coatings
- Surface disinfectants, sprays
- Hand sanitizers
- Cosmetic products
- Antimicrobial drugs, antibiotics, and related products
ISO Test Standards performed at MIS
Presently, MIS offers the following ISO testing services tailored to various industries, along with their respective requirements and testing objectives –
ISO test methods for the paint industry –
- ISO 21702:2019 – The ISO 21702 Test method is used for the evaluation of antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces
ISO test methods for the cosmetic industry –
- ISO 16212:2017 – The ISO 16212 Test method is used for the enumeration of yeast and mold in cosmetics
- ISO 21149:2017 – The ISO 21149 Test method is used for Detection of aerobic mesophilic bacteria in cosmetic products
- ISO 18416:2015 – The ISO 18416 Test method is used for the detection of Candida albicans in cosmetic products
- ISO 22718:2015 – The ISO 22718 Test method is used for detection and identification of Staphylococcus aureus in cosmetics
- ISO 22717:2015 – The ISO 22717 Test method is used for detection and identification of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cosmetic products
- ISO 21150:2015 – The ISO 21150 Test method is used for detection and identification of Escherichia coli in cosmetic products
- ISO 21322:2020 – The ISO 21322 Test method is used Microbiological risk assessment of impregnated cosmetic products
- ISO 11930:2019 – The ISO 11930 Test method is used for assessing the antimicrobial protection of cosmetic products
- ISO 18415:2017 – The ISO 18415 Test method is used for detection of specified and non-specified microorganisms in cosmetics
ISO test methods for the textiles industry –
- ISO 20743:2013 – The ISO 20743 Test method is used for the determination of the antibacterial activity of textile products
- ISO 18184:2019 – The ISO 18184 Test method is used for assessing the antiviral activity of textile products
- ISO 20645:2004 – The ISO 20645 Test Method is used for the determination of the antibacterial activity of textile products (Agar diffusion plate test)
ISO test methods for Plastic/Ceramics –
- ISO 22196:2007 – The ISO 22196 Test method is used for the evaluation of antibacterial activity on plastic surfaces
- ISO 846:2019 – The ISO 846 Test method is used for the determination of the resistance of plastic materials to fungi and bacteria
- ISO 21702:2019 – The ISO 21702 Test method is used for assessing the antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces
- ISO 17721:2021 – The ISO 17721 Test method is used for the determination of the antibacterial activity of ceramic tile surfaces
MIS specializes in providing a comprehensive range of ISO testing services to diverse industries engaged in developing and innovating antimicrobial products.
Our commitment is to thoroughly comprehend the unique testing requirements of our clients and devise testing analysis that is in line with international standards.
For further insights on selecting the most appropriate ISO test for your product, please talk to our team experts today.
ISO is a prominent global authority dedicated to the development of voluntary international standards, encompassing over 24,000 standards that apply to a diverse range of technologies and industries.
ISO stands for the International Organization for Standardization. ISO is an independent non-governmental organization responsible for developing and publishing international standards to support the development of effective and safe innovations.
ISO test standards provide a structured framework for testing and quality assurance that offers numerous benefits to businesses, including improved product quality, regulatory compliance, enhanced customer satisfaction, and global market access.
To determine the ISO test standards relevant to your specific industry or product, it is pertinent to conduct a thorough assessment of your industry and product characteristics including the product’s safety, quality, and performance. After gaining a clear understanding of these factors, one can either visit the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) website or contact the national standards body to search for relevant ISO standards.
At MIS, our experts assist customers in selecting the appropriate ISO standard that aligns with their product requirements and industry type.
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) test standards are typically voluntary rather than mandatory for businesses. The decision to adopt ISO or any other international standard for businesses can be influenced by a combination of factors, including geographical location, regulatory requirements, and industry-specific considerations
Yes, businesses are required to obtain third-party certification to demonstrate compliance with ISO test standards. This certification serves as a crucial mechanism to validate that the company’s products or processes align with the stringent benchmarks set by ISO.
Conforming to ISO standards can have a significant positive impact on a business’s market access and credibility. ISO standards assist businesses in delivering high-quality products and services, which can enhance their reputation and credibility in the marketplace.
Furthermore, ISO standards possess global recognition and are accepted globally, making it easier for businesses to expand their potential customer base and widen their reach for international markets.
ISO standards are globally recognized and adopted, however, their implementation and adoption can vary by region and country.
You can find more information about specific ISO test standards and their requirements for your industry by visiting the official website of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) or by contacting your national standards body, such as ANSI in the United States or BSI in the United Kingdom, which can provide relevant standards and guidance.